OUR PICKS FOR ACTION TO PROTECT ABORTION ACCESS:
Support Planned Parenthood of Greater New York (PPGNY) to help safeguard abortion access and reproductive rights. PPGNY offers crucial services like safe abortion, STD screenings, and education. Your contribution, whether through donations, volunteering, or advocacy, can make a significant impact in providing accessible, compassionate care.
- Donate to abortion funds, which provide financial assistance, travel, lodging, and many other types of support to abortion seekers.
- Honor the 50th Anniversary of Roe v. Wade in your community OTHER RESOURCES AND ACTIONS:
- To find information on receiving abortion care:
- AbortionFinder: A comprehensive directory of trusted (and verified) abortion service providers in the U.S.
- Call 1-800-230-PLAN or text “hello” to 202-883-4620 to find the clinics closest to you
- Keep Our Clinics: Independent community providers who provide most of the abortion care in the US.
- M+A Hotline: A confidential, private, and secure phone and text hotline for people in need of support for self-managed miscarriage or abortion.
- National Abortion Fund Hotline: The largest national, toll-free, multi-lingual Hotline for abortion referrals and financial assistance in the U.S. and Canada.
- Repro Legal Helpline: A free, confidential source for legal advice and information on self-managed abortion. Visit ReproLegalHelpline.org or call 844-868-2812.
- Abortion On Our Own Terms: A resourced website for people to manage their abortion safely and effectively, on their own terms.
- INeedAnA.com: Find a clinic - to find vetted, up-to-date, and personalized info on how to get an abortion; no search or user data saved.
- Find abortion pills at Plan C or AidAccess
- For legal advice, go to If/When/How: Lawyering for reproductive justice which provides a confidential legal helpline and legal-defense fund
- To support providers and abortion seekers:
- Donate to Abortion Funds: Funding for patient care. Learn about NNAF's demands for creating a future where all people have access to abortion without shame or stigma.
- Support/Share Practical Support Organizations (PSO's): PSOs help abortion seekers with travel and logistical support
- Volunteer with Operation Save Abortion!
- Adopt-A-Clinic: Abortion Access Front works with clinics across the country to keep track of urgently needed items like underwear, snacks, and gift cards for patients traveling for care. You can select the clinic or fund you want to support and then purchase items that will be shipped to that clinic or funded directly.
- To destigmatize abortions:
- Discuss abortion with friends and family, say the word "abortion," and tell your story to destigmatize abortions.
- Have heart-to-heart conversations with people in your life about abortion and the work of abortion funds using these Heart-to-Heart Abortion Conversation tools and talking points.
- To participate in advocacy efforts:
- Contact your local PP organization to be plugged into local advocacy campaign efforts and community care work.
- Get involved in state and federal advocacy for state protections, constitutional amendments, and legislation.
- Tell Congress to pass legislation that protects fundamental reproductive rights and freedom
- Urge Congress to pass the EACH Act and repeal the Hyde Amendment
- Urge your governor and state legislators to protect and expand abortion rights
- Urge Congress to support the Women's Health Protection Act
- Watch the RAC, WRJ, and CCAR's webinar to learn more about actions you can take right now to support abortion access!
FOR MORE INFORMATION ON YOUR STATE
- After Roe Fell: Abortion Laws by State: this digital tool describes the abortion policy of the U.S. states, the District of Columbia, and the five most populous U.S. territories. This online tool charts how these governments are responding to the reversal of Roe.
- Track your state's abortion laws
- Here's more information on organizations doing national and state reproductive justice work.
KEEP FIGHTING TO PROTECT THE PROMISE OF ROE V. WADE